Mactac®, an industry-leading pressure-sensitive adhesives manufacturer headquartered in Stow, Ohio, celebrates its milestone 60th anniversary this year.
Founded in 1959, Mactac’s pressure-sensitive adhesive materials are used in a wide range of markets and industries across the globe, such as label printing, graphic design, packaging, digital imaging, retail display, fleet graphics, automotive assembly, medical device assembly, assembly engineering and more.
Since the company’s inception, Mactac has expanded significantly throughout North America, as well as internationally. Most recently, after being purchased by LINTEC Corporation in 2016, Mactac has been realizing tremendous growth in numerous global markets and is continuously expanding the company’s product lines. In the past year, for example, Mactac introduced nearly 15 new LINTEC high-performance durable goods and industrial labeling solutions.
Mactac’s vision is to be the world’s most respected and preferred provider of pressure-sensitive materials by offering innovative solutions, quality products, and outstanding customer service. Over the years, in working toward that vision, Mactac has made significant advancements, enhancements, and innovations in manufacturing, technology, research and development, and more. A selection of some of Mactac’s notable historic highlights include:
- 1975 – Mactac and Kodak develop the first pressure-sensitive image protection film.
- 1980 – Mactac and Gerber Scientific develop the first computer-aided signage vinyl.
- 1989 – Mactac is the first pressure-sensitive supplier to offer recycled facestocks as part of the STARLINER® product line.
- 1994 – Mactac is the first pressure-sensitive supplier to offer Indigo-compatible sheet products.
- 2003 – Mactac becomes a primary supplier to the USPS for self-adhesive stamps.
- 2005 – Mactac invents B-free® (bubble-free) air-egress adhesive technology.
- 2006 – Mactac introduces Uglu®, a liquid adhesive with the convenience of tape (has been featured on QVC and is carried by Walgreens).
- 2007 – Mactac partners with Portraits of Hope for the Gardens in Transit project wrapping thousands of New York City taxi cabs in Mactac’s IMAGin® B-free product.
- 2008 – Mactac launches InFusion™ Hybrid Adhesive Systems for the label converting industry.
- 2008 – Mactac creates medical grade Silk™ Soft Touch adhesive for short-term or sensitive skin application.
- 2008 – INDIE® Certified stocks for Indigo took digital printing to the next level, for all short run, high quality, complex label jobs.
- 2010 – Mactac introduces high-performance adhesives and durable films for a total product offering that addresses the most demanding labeling applications.
- 2013 – The industry experienced unrelenting clarity and ultimate adhesive with Mactac’s PUREtac™ line.
- 2013 - Mactac launches Mactac wallCHALKER, an innovative removable chalkboard vinyl.
- 2014 – Mactac’s IMAGin® DecoFresco™ and DecoMural™ changes the industry by introducing adhesive-backed wallpaper textured vinyl.
- 2014 – METRO® Digital provides the industry with a cost competitive PSA sheets that doesn’t sacrifice on performance or quality.
- 2016 - Mactac becomes part of the LINTEC Corporation.
- 2017 – Mactac launches the revolutionary CHILL AT™ all-temperature hot-melt adhesive line for food packaging.
- 2018 – Mactac introduces ReLatch™, new peel and reseal labeling products.
- 2018 – Mactac launches MacMail™ – USPS certified pressure sensitive postcard mailer piece.
- 2018 – Mactac’s new revolutionary, high-performance Lintec® Product Offering delivers Mactac customers ‘clearly different’ label solutions.
Mactac is commemorating its 60th anniversary with the slogan, “celebrating 60 years of solutions that stick.”
“I’m extremely proud of all Mactac has accomplished throughout the past 60 years,” said Ed LaForge, President, Mactac. “Our leadership team has always believed in doing whatever it takes to be a reliable partner for our customers, community and employees and that’s a mentality that will endure throughout the next 60 years. As we look to the bright future with LINTEC, we will continue to grow, produce and create innovative products using the best technology and resources available to meet the growing needs of the global pressure-sensitive adhesive industry.”